Friday, 15 April 2016

A tentative Hello...

SO it's been a while since I've blogged. It's the first time I've had such a big break from blogging, I needed it and feel much better for stepping back for a while but I do miss writing and I know how fast all of these days are going so I love to record them.

I recently received some really lovely messages through my Instagram account about how my blog had inspired several families to home educate-such a wonderful, heart-warming thing to hear! It made me realise how much I miss writing about our "alternative education".

So what has been happening here at Four Pesky Hobbits since my last post? I suppose the biggest news is a very happy and welcome addition to our family in the shape of our puppy Loki. He is a Lhasa Apso and literally a ball of cuddly fluff who resembles a teddy bear. Here he is in all his fluffiness:


We even managed to get a photo of all of us together earlier in the year:




He has been such a fun addition to our house, we still miss our dog Tallulah who passed away last year and Loki has helped fill the paw shaped hole she left behind. He is so much fun and every morning is like Christmas with him excitedly awaiting the arrival of each of us in turn to bounce all over and lick. No-one gets up at the same time so that passes his entire morning on! We have gone on more walks and spent so much time together fussing over him, talking about him and playing silly games with him. It's honestly one of the best things we've done. We all share this huge bond and its lovely to argue who he loves the most! He even has his own Instagram account which the girls and I keep updated whenever he does something cute-which is ALL THE TIME!

The other big news is that Bailey got into all 3 of his university choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Not that we expected him not to but considering he only had 2 of the 5 GCSE's he needed for college to then get into all 3 of his choices is just brilliant. We are so proud of him and so happy that he will get to go and study what he wants.

Other than that we have just been continuing with life, everyone is growing so much, Cordelia turns 14 tomorrow-how???? Ruben's voice is breaking and he seems to have lost loads of teeth the past two weeks, he has grown so, so tall. His legs seem endless.. Piper has been doing so well with her sewing, story writing and just generally being a stand-up comedian within the house. Our business has grown and is doing really well, we have done lots of stalls at different comic cons around the country and have lots booked for the rest of the year too. Cordelia even had her own stall at an Anime comic con earlier this month selling her art prints. We were so proud of her, she did so well, made herself some money, new friends and received lots of wonderful compliments. A great boost for her and a fab experience.

So that's where we at right now. I might post some of the things we have been up to in some catch up posts over the next few days but right now I'm off to finish tea and make a start on a Walking Dead birthday cake for tomorrow! ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment