Monday, 30 March 2015

Making chocolate eggs!

A pre-Easter Monday here. I bought chocolate moulds a few weeks ago from the Range, they were only £1 so I thought we'd give them a try. Easter Eggs have come down such a lot in price, most only cost £1 now so it's not really worth making them yourself but I still thought it'd be fun! We already had some pink candy melts and they worked brilliantly when melted, cooled and then put into the small egg moulds.

Ruben helped but it was a messy job!


We had enough to do 18 mini egg moulds and then 1 rabbit lolly mould too. I used the rabbit lolly mould for Cordelia's Alice in Wonderland 10th Birthday Party you can see it here: http://barrasschoolofexcellence.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/alice-in-wonderland-tea-party.html?m=1. It's one of my most popular posts, I can't believe that was 3 years ago and that she's going to be a teenager soon!

We used some milk chocolate from Aldi-their chocolate is good quality and very reasonable at only 99p for 200g. I also bought some white chocolate but ran out of time & moulds for that so will try in the morning.


Ruben used a silicone pastry brush to brush the melted chocolate on to the moulds-I read online that this was the best thing to do-not sure how they will turn out....


Also today Cordelia did more work to her Link shield and sword, it's looking awesome!


And my clever hubby made this fantastic arm guard from a Pringles tube and Poundland craft foam! Genius and thrifty..



Ruben did some more Pokemon hama beads in the form of Diglet:


Also today, some of Bailey's PC parts arrived so he's very excited about getting it built! We had a big family/business meeting. The great thing about running your own business is seeing how you can include the children, it's going to be a real family effort and I love that our children all bring different aspects to the table, whether that be creative or IT related. 

Cordelia had more horse time at Pony Club passing her silver badge!! And practising on her favourite horse ready for her D+ Pony Club test.

The girls and I finally finished Grey's Anatomy season 10. Was pretty sad, or at least I was. Going to have to wait to watch Season 11 as Sky aren't showing the first half on demand yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment