Saturday, 21 June 2014

Slouchy Saturday


Hubby left bright and early this morning to pick up Bailey and several of his friends and take them along to Warhammer World in Nottingham-where Bailey spent his last birthday you can see it here. We were supposed to tag along too and hubby was going to drop us off at the Saturday carboot but after sitting out last night at my in laws for a BBQ my hayfever had kept me up all night and I just wanted to hide indoors away from pollen, so the girls, Ruben and I had a home day. It was actually really nice to potter around in the house cleaning, changing everyone's bedding, hoovering-I know its sad but I actually like having a day to clean up and get on top of the washing pile, in a house with 6 people and 4 pets-all of whom are malting thanks to the warm weather-its a lot of work.

The girls and Ruben played on the Xbox, read books-I managed to read a few chapters of this month's home ed book club book to Ruben-Magyk by Angie Sage. The girls having already read this months' book club book started on two books for Sheffield Children's Awards and as we had a visit to our friends yesterday they borrowed "A Fault in Our Stars". Wish I could read as quickly as the girls!

 Ruben and I had a game of Pokemon Yahtzee, a great way to sneak in some maths! Cordelia joined us for a game too :) Cordelia baked some chocolate buns before her and Ruben went out to play Avengers in the garden. Hubby came home for a bit before leaving again to go and pick Bailey and his friends back up and drop them all home. They had a fab day and Bailey spent lots of his birthday money on new figures so he was very happy. Cordelia and Ruben had an epic water fight in the garden whilst I Manic Panic-ed Piper's hair shocking blue. So much for a slouchy day haha!

This free Lego Story Starter pack arrived late yesterday in the post, not had time to open it yet but am looking forward to having a play with it:


Piper having her hair-and scalp-dyed blue:


Playing Avengers:



Baking chocolate buns:


Blue hair:


Hubby and I had a chilled evening watching "Searching for Sugarman" which came highly recommended to me by Katie over at Outside the Box. One of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard, I think I hear a music obsession coming on with his albums....

1 comment: