Sunday, 20 April 2014

Happy Easter from the Superhero Eggs


Easter is always a quiet affair in this house and this year we kicked back and did some egg painting on Easter Sunday. T'was a nice break in between stuffing our faces with chocolate!

Hubby decided against my advice and didn't hard boil them first, which meant our clumsy teenage son sat down and almost immediately knocked his egg on the floor.....thankfully we had spares:







Piper decided against a superhero and did Jake the dog from Adventure Time. Bailey did-actually I have no idea who he is but it's the one on the far right of the photo-it was very good but mums are pretty rubbish at remembering all the superheroes or at least this mum is! Hubby did the Hulk, Ruben did-again no idea but the yellow one? I did Superman(was slightly disappointed how much the kids praised my paint job, anyone would think I'm totally rubbish at painting :-p) Piper's Jake is next and then Cordelia did Spider-Man.





I think the inspiration for these little superhero beauty's could be the constant viewing of Superhero movies in our house at present. This month alone we have watched: Avengers, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Dark Knight Rises, Spider-Man-both versions with Toby Maguire and the Garfield guy? Forget his name! Hell Boy, Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, X-Men, Wolverine I'm sure there are more but I can't remember. We are a house of movie lovers!

2 comments: