Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013 has been incredibly busy with a lot of extended family, much different to our usual family of 6. We have fit in so much this year and had lots of family over and visited and I'm starting to feel pretty worn out. I love Christmas but with four children it's not without it's hard work and some patience, it's definitely not like the romantic movies. I've enjoyed it but I will be glad to put everything away and begin the New Year. Christmas is changing as the children get older and I think next year our Christmas needs a good shake up but we'll see what the coming year has to offer.....

We had a lovely Christmas Eve watching the second instalment of the Hobbit trilogy at the cinema and lunch out before coming home and having our Christmas curry. We had a family board game of the Logo game, which has been the saving grace of nearly every family gathering this Christmas so well worth the £2 charity shop fee.


Before we put out the reindeer food, Christmas mince pie and milk for Santa. Then it was time to get into new Christmas pjs and all were in bed for 9pm :)


We had a lovely Christmas Day but hubby hasn't been well bless him and so our much look-forwarded to Turkey was slightly over cooked :( a house full of Lego, Dolls house paraphnalia, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Xbox games and chocolate.  I think the thing for us is that all the things that people think makes Christmas special-the together time, eating together, playing board games, going for walks etc we do everyday anyway! 

This year I'm thankful for the small things in my life, the food in my fridge, hubby being able to spend time with us and not having to work over Christmas for the first time in years, having a warm house to live in and being with my five favourite people in the world. 

I'm looking forward to seeing 2014 and seeing what it has to offer for us and our pesky little hobbits :)




No comments:

Post a Comment