Saturday, 17 August 2013

Baking, Books & Board Games

Today has been a bit of a slower day, Bailey was up early and out of the house, with his warhammer cases and bags (looked like he was leaving home!) and on the bus just after 10 this morning. It so strange having a child who is taking himself off into town on the bus at the weekend, I'm so pleased for him though and there has been a dramatic reduction of Xbox time. In fact, dare I say it but up until now he hasn't been on it at all, all day! Almost unheard for a Saturday.. Real life friends are taking over online ones...

I had some really lovely messages and advise from yesterdays post, which has been very much appreciated. I have spent quite a bit of today looking into all the different books, health foods, vitamins and products that you have all suggested. I'm a little over-whelmed with all the info and think it may take me a little time to find what works for C, it may even take months for us to get into something that may resemble "normal" but I really appreciate the time people took to email/fb/comment on the blog, Thank You xx

Ruben has spent a large chunk of today being very tired and quite grumpy, maybe its the result of being around too many hormones?! I suppose its his turn.. he built a dino safari track and played dinosaurs for a while, before watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-which he loved and is a blast from my past as my little brother used to love it. We finished reading "Your a Bad Man Mr Gum!" yesterday and so we have started to read "Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree" today. Even Piper sat and listened whilst I read it which was nice. "Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout" arrived in the post today too, ready for when we finish. Its proving to be very popular and I'm not sure I've ever heard the children laugh out loud so much at any other book.

Cordelia got a Jacqueline Wilson book out of the library, which is starnge as I thought we had moved away from her books, this is a relatively new one called "Queenie" and she finished it within about 4 hours. She said it was quite good, I'm expecting to see it in Piper's hands too very shortly.

Cordelia and I decided to make a lasagna for tea, I used the recipe from here as we are trying to be a little healthier and I'm a bit of a fan of the Hairy Bikers. It took about 2 hours all in all but Cordelia really enjoyed helping out and it distracted her from other things. After the lasagna was in we decided to make oreo brownies as we had seen them on Lorraine Pascal's BBC One programme this morning and they looked delicious. They were quite easy to make and didn't require lots of ingredients, it was D-I-V-I-N-E and will easily become a family favourite.

Bailey arrived home a little stressed after he forgot some of his paints in the shop and had to run back for them only just catching his bus back home on time. He says he's a bit tired, bless him. So it has been an evening on the sofa with homemade brownie and Top Gear for us.


Putting the finishing touches to the lasagna


All finished and ready to eat


Chocolate brownie before it goes in the tin



Ready to go in the oven





No comments:

Post a Comment