Saturday, 27 July 2013

Lego Assault Course & Family Birthday Parties

Lego continues to be a major theme of our house, I can't imagine a time when it won't be, and to be honest I don't want to. Cordelia and Ruben felt inspired from playing on the Xbox Lego Lord of the Rings game and also they have been building LOTR themed things on Minecraft so it was nice to see them stepping away from the screen for a bit and creating an assault course for the Lego minifigures.

They picked a lovely sunny spot on the patio to create a scene and I was lucky enough to be sat in the audience and have full commentary too!


The participants begin their trial, with Gollum looking over them-someone has to make sure no one cheats..



Sam's turn...


Loving the water section, fitting with Lego crocodile! Really like the use of butter tub too...


Kept them very busy whilst I had the super boring jobs of cleaning, washing, cleaning and also a bit of decorating! I found a new piece of furniture to upcycle :)

Saturday evening was spent with my dad's side of the family celebrating the 80th birthday of my Grandad. Not very often that we get to go out on a Saturday evening and it was so lovely to watch the children playing with all their extended family. My dad has 5 brothers and 2 sisters so there are lots of children, grandchildren, cousins, second cousins etc etc. Was lovely to see all of my uncle's and aunts too. Happy Birthday Grandad Ralph-you will always be the silly Grandad who used to post ice lollies through our front door when we were out :D

1 comment:

  1. I love their creativity. My boys have not played lego in a while but would be nice to see them using lego for minecraft so i might share that idea. thanks!

    ReplyDelete