Tuesday, 18 December 2012

New House new house.....

Hubby and I joke that we're like Alice in Wonderland in the scene at the table when they say "Clean cup clean cup everybody move down move down" only with houses rather than cups! Exactly 15 years to the day since we moved into first home together (a very small 1 bedroomed flat) we moved into our eighth home! I moved a lot as a child so its perfectly normal to me and I have to admit I get bored of living in the same place for too long. I do worry that the children will get upset by moving but then I'm reminded that my children are very, very happy little souls who have a mum and dad who love them very much and their home is wherever we are altogether. I suppose the thing I lacked in my childhood was stability but my own children are lucky to have it in abundance, in fact its not luck at all, I would do anything for them not to have to go through the same things I have and so far I have managed exactly the opposite of my own childhood. They see moving house as we do, a big adventure! Plus our new home marks the start of a new business venture for us in the very near future.....

Since we moved in we've had some house teething problems including a broken washing machine (7 days of no washer and 6 people was rather dramatic!) but its finally sorted. We have all been really unwell with an awful head cold which seems to have dragged on for a while now, no internet for 2 and a half weeks, which is a long time when we all rely on it so much! The girls had their Christmas concert with their singing group, which was lovely and they both sang beautifully. Hubby and I celebrated 13 years of marriage, I bought him this fab vintage book from 1913, it has been very good reading and quite a lot of fun quoting things to him hehe!



The family car is currently in the garage having a cambelt change (a very expensive but crucial part!) and we are awaiting it coming back. So its been a rather busy few weeks. Meanwhile, the children have still been playing Lord of the Rings Lego and watching the film several times a week too.




Cordelia has been very busy hand making Christmas presents for her fiends and she managed to squeeze in some time for baking too. It was supposed to be for our Friday group friends but we have been too unwell to see anyone :-(


 This cupcake is supposed to look like yours truly....
 And this one is especially for the Daddy Bear....loving the beard!


We had so many plans for making and baking but this horrid lurgy has so far put paid to all of that!! I can just about see the wood for the trees though and it feels like we may just be coming out the other side in time for a lovely Christmas......fingers crossed anyway.....


1 comment:

  1. Just hopping around the blogring to wish you a Happy New Year. Glad your house move went relatively well. A new business venture sounds exciting, looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete