Saturday, 29 September 2012

Great British Bake Off!

I am a huge fan of the BBC's Great British Bake Off but this year the children have really gotten into it too. Since we spent a week feeling unwell with flu, coughs and colds we snuggled up on the sofa together and watched lots of yummy food being made on the Iplayer. When I saw on the library catalogue that our local library had the book in stock the girls and I jumped into the car and went and loaned it out. We poured over the pages making lists of what we wanted to bake and who we want to win! I really wanted to try Madeleine's but found it impossible to find a metal tray, I'm not a huge fan of silicone ones, so ended up ordering one of Ebay and impatiently waiting for it to come. These are a few things we've made in the last week, not all GBBO recipes, we watched Nigella's new BBC show too this week and I just HAD to try the Nutella Cheesecake....

Ruben helped scatter the almonds on the Madeleine's

 I slightly overbaked them but it was my first ever attempt! They were still very yummy..
 Ruben filled in a page of his Moshi Monster book whilst we waited for them to come out of the oven
Cordelia and I made these yummy chocolate tarts, divine!! They were a recipe from Kirsty Allsop's Channel 4 programme and quite easy to make.
 We added our own white chocolate curls on top!
Nigella's Chocolate Hazlenut Cheesecake....EPIC

To complete our week of yummy bakes I made my newly engaged little sister a cake for a family party. I've never tried roses before but was really impressed by how they turned out. I just made a victoria sponge underneath. 


I want to try this again but with chocolate on a chocolate sponge, NOT that we are obsessed with chocolate at all in this house..........

Off to look at what to bake next.......

No comments:

Post a Comment