Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Return of my sanity? Possibly....

The morning started with hubby teaching Ruben how to play Rummy with some hot wheel cards we've had for ages. I suppose that's the bonus of having both hubby and the youngest being early risers. Still it meant a calmer atmosphere from the last few days which has involved an awful lot of bickering, meltdowns and lots of tantrums. Bailey's friend come over yesterday and brought along her younger sister, so the girls happily played Monster High, Monopoly and Game of Life for a large portion of the day. Bailey and his friend had a much needed catch up and had lots of giggles! Ruben spent most of that time breaking down into tears and storming around. I tried to distract him lots and we cleaned out Doris and played with her for a while, did some spider web drawing and I offered to play lots of different things but sadly nothing worked! So it was nice to have a calmer 8 year old this morning. Sometimes siblings can really wind each other up, in fact sometimes I think my children excel most at winding each other up. Today the girls got out some craft sets and Piper started painting a candle set I bought her ages ago.
 Cordelia made a lava explosion with her bath bomb kit which she dyed pink with colouring for maximum effect.

Then, after I had spent an hour cleaning, dusting, hoovering and discovering lost toys and DS cases under the sofa (my kind of therapy-the cleaning type!) The children brought down their huge Littlest Pet Shop collection down and spread out in the newly clean and tidy living room. And played for a good hour and a half before lunch! The first time that has happened all week :-) 
After lunch I took Ruben to meet up with his friend D, I thought a little time away just him and I might do him some good. I was right, he had a great time scooting and running around with his friend. I took him in to the cafe (which is a treat that I can't usually afford to do when I have all four of the children) and he picked some juice and a chocolate muffin. Happy face. Then we went back to the playground and he burnt off lots more energy. We got home just in time for tea and dessert kindly prepared by the girls. Seems they had a very fun afternoon of baking without mummy interfering! Total control of the kitchen :-) That and some Top Model drawing with their new Glamour book (Piper)

 

And wedding book (Cordelia)


Cup cakes in cute tea set silicone cases that Cordelia was given for her birthday.

Here is hoping tomorrow continues as a calmer day......




8 comments:

  1. it is so draining to have them at each other all the time. sounds like some time out was just what you all needed. and i too, clean for therapy! It really helps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is draining Pip, it seems to be happening frequently at the moment too :( Glad its not just me who cleans for therapy! X

      Delete
  2. I hear ya, 100%. Squabble squabble - enough to drive anyone mad!! It's how they learn who they are though so squabbling is good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will bear that in mind Motherfunker! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. It comforts me to know that there are other home educating families going through much the same as us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. Despite what some blogs elude I don't think there is nay family out there that doesn't have this problem some days, school or HE!

      Delete
  4. If anyone has any tips on how not to be drained by squabbling I'd love to here them........Any good home ed blogs you can point me too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it looks great. i like your tips thanks
    by
    Rummy

    ReplyDelete