Thursday, 2 February 2012

Sewing Workshop

After such a successful birthday party back in December I spoke to the owner about the possibility of doing a monthly workshop for home educated children. She was really happy to sort one out for us and we attended our first one today. It can prove really tricky to organise things for home educators, a lot of the time people change their minds, don't turn up and it can be a little stressful. Its not something I do often any more after some bad experiences but actually today went really well and it was lovely to see some new faces and have some new people to talk too. Only 2 people didn't turn up but we still had 10 children so it worked fine. My two girls enjoyed it and have been looking forwards to it for ages now. I dropped Ruben off at my friends and picked up her daughter to bring to the workshop so that worked well. I asked if he wanted to come but he wasn't interested and had much more fun playing with his friend M. The children made pin cushions and a needle case, the staff were really helpful and it was surreal being in a room with 10 children and barely any noise. The girls were very happy as they found several more Monster High fans and chatted about the dolls and the website, which they have become hooked on. It went so well that we have already booked the next session in March. The children will get an opportunity to work on their sewing skills and improve with each session, which I think is fantastic. The girls are already counting down the days again.....







4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great job! It's lovely when you get a few children together who have the same interest and want to learn about it! It's what learning is all about! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip, it's a really lovely place so it's very inspiring and we always come out with lots of new ideas. It worked really well with the children we had too.

      Delete
  2. I posted a really long comment on here yesterday and blogger swallowed it! Drat! I totally hear you on organising home ed events - always far more difficult than it needs to be - I like the cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really annoying when that happens Katie! Sometimes I copy my comments just in case it deletes it on the next page! The girls are making more cupcakes :))

      Delete