Friday, 20 January 2012

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

We have always been HUGE fans of Lauren Child in our house, not just the stories but also the fantastic illustrations too, a few years ago (oh my it was over 4 years ago!!) I saw her illustrated copy of Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren and gave it to Piper on her 7th birthday. She devoured it and we spent hours reading it together, listening to her read it to me and vice versa then Cordelia read it too and I enjoyed it all over again! This week I started reading it to Ruben, who pulled a slightly dubious face at the thought but let me begin anyway. We are only on chapter 5 so far but he is absolutely loving it! We have just read the 'Pippi goes to school' chapter which is hilarious and even I had to stop reading from laughing too much (despite the fact I've read it so many times!)and really to add to my enjoyment of the book I've only just realised that technically she's home educated! I love the book mainly because Pippi actually reminds me so much of Piper and her no nonsense approach to everything. I'd forgotten what a joy the actual story was to read aloud so for the third time I'm enjoying it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment