Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Sorting & baking

Today has been rather busy, we have a poorly little man here, Ruben has a really bad cold and is not feeling up to much at all. He has been snuggled on the sofa watching one of his favourite films-Home Alone 3, in between bouts of reading about dinosaurs, colouring in Pokemon pictures, and the odd board game with either Bailey or myself. We also read "The Selfish Giant" yesterday, which is on our 100 books to read list. We are slowly getting down the list. I have spent a considerable amount of time sorting out our craft/colouring/play doh/painting/drawing drawers out. Found lots of things I had forgotten about in there, and also made a list of things that we need to buy. Piper kind-of helped for a bit before going off to play dolls with Cordelia. Bailey made a toothbrush and toothpaste out of Lego(toothpaste even has a removable lid, how clever!) as well as finishing the last book in the trilogy by Patrick Ness-The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer and Monsters of Men. He thinks the last book was the best one, for anyone thinking of reading the books! Cordelia has spent the morning having a writing contest with me, (which I actually really enjoyed, not often I get opportunity to write a story) and a DS Brain Training contest again with me! Then after lunch whilst I continued with the cleaning of the drawers she very aptly made some rather delicious chocolate cookies. Think I may have a young Nigella on my hands here, she may well bring out her own cook book soon so watch this space! We are having some home made pizza's (thank you hubby!) and a family game of Risk to finish the day nicely!


**Forgot to add that I also helped Cordelia make this fab glasses case for her great nannan**


No comments:

Post a Comment