Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Quick cake for an easy bake!

We had a day off board games today, hurrah! I was feeling very tired and not sure I would have been in the mood for another board game today, 3 nights and 3 full days of being the only parent here as worn me out a little. I will be so glad to have my hubby back tonight, I cannot tell you! My tiredness coupled with Ruben's sudden full energy returning did not make for the best morning but I managed to resuce it a bit with this very quick cake recipe. As his sisters have done so much baking lately I think he was feeling a little left out so we made this chocolate crunch, somewhere between a cake and a biscuit and very quick. All you need is :
180g of butter, melted in the microwave for 2 1/2 mins
1 cup of cornflakes
3/4 cup of dessicated coconut
1 cup self raising flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Sift flour and cocoa into cornflakes and coconut, mix in the butter, mix very well.
Grease a microwavable dish, press mixture firmly in and cook on medium high in microwave for 5 minutes.
You can decorate with choclate icing too but sadly, we used it all on gingerbread men yesterday!




 Cordelia did a beautiful painting this morning but for some reason it will not rotate around on this blog, which is VERY annoying!! She was very pleased with it though and I love that she has made felt penguins and stuck them on the painting, it gives it such a lovely effect.


 Ruben has had another story out of this book:
 I have to say though I'm finding it pretty terrible to read, thinking I could write some much better stories than the ones in this book but alas my son is determined to finish it whilst he is still 7. I think I will just plough through it and get it over with. Whilst I was judging the stories in this book on their literatory merit (or lack of) Ruben got the Brio box out and built himself a track. Just for a minute in this photo he looks like Bailey who was the world's biggest Thomas the Tank Engine fan from years 2-6 and HAD to have a track built daily before daddy went out to work. Gosh that seems like an incredibly long time ago now...ok I'm off as I am filling up now. Overtired mummies and old memories don't mix! I'm off to pick one tired daddy up from the train station

No comments:

Post a Comment