Monday, 10 October 2011

Monopoly of a Monday....

Gosh it was lovely to have a normal Monday again! The children's dentist appointment went really well, even sat in the waiting room was quite fun, the children made me laugh lots. In fact, it almost felt like an episode of BBC's Outnumbered, which we are a huge fan of in this house, although I'm unsure why we watch it as 1) I worry it gives the children idea's and 2) I'm living it so why would I want to watch my life for half an hour every week? Truth is Cordelia is SO like Karen that it actually frightens me and Ruben has about 50% of the Ben character in him I'm sure. But I like how calmy the parents deal with all of it!! The dentist enjoyed chatting to them all, even Ruben's two-headed dragon "Gregg" (don't ask why he is called Gregg, because I have no idea either) so all was well. And we managed to only be five minutes late for the singing lesson, which was very full today. Lovely to see/hear them all having so much fun. As the weather was super rubbish here today, we came home caught up on X Factor, had soup for tea and a game of Monopoly JR. I think we play nearly enough board games a week at the moment to have our own blog about them! I'm looking for some new ones for Christmas but am struggling as we have nearly all of the bigger named games. Any suggestions would be greatfully received!!


5 comments:

  1. You guys do play a lot of games! Last week our Fridat home ed helper bought a game she had invented herself. I think that is your logical next step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Katie, we did make the ladybird game a few months back, so effectively we have already done that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not got monopoly jr. Is it a quicker game? Might be handy for the 4 year old who holds a shorter attention span that my older two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Lisa, much quicker and easier to play than the full Monopoly game-would highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete