Friday, 2 September 2011

Happy September!!

Not only do I love Autumn but September is my favourite month of the year! I love the unexpectedness of a warm sunny day, the beautiful scenes nature dazzles me with, the amazing colours all around me, leaves that crunch under your feet, autumn food-casseroles, crumbles and soups, scarves, gloves, hats, new wellie-bobs, halloween, pumpkins, toffee apples, fire's in the garden, fireworks in the sky (and its also the month of my birthday! Which equals cake!!) 
After tea yesterday we all went for a lovely walk. Ruben found some conkers but they weren't quite ready yet, he has decided to start a nature blog too, so that will be 4 out of 6 of us with a blog in this house!
 We took some carrots to feed the ponies in the fields

 Saw the cows having their tea

 Found some ladybirds
 Some Thistle's for Eeyore
 Had some lovely conversations

 Found some interesting looking plants/flowers
 Blackberries!
 Mushrooms
The trees just starting to change colour, the farmers in and out of fields on their tractors collecting harvest and beautiful clear blue skies

I'm so excited about Autumn! It always feels like a fresh start and full of promise.........

2 comments:

  1. I love September too! I love the weather and the feeling that the world belongs to us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it Katie! Yes I know what you mean about everything being quieter too :-))

    ReplyDelete