Sunday, 12 June 2011

Wibbly wobbly weekend

We've had a quietish weekend this weekend, mainly due to the fact that 3 out of my 4 children had seriously achy legs yesterday morning! Obviously the sports is working then, and I suppose we will have to try and keep Saturdays as quiet days then. No 6 mile walk as Daddy planned then, which was a shame. We thought we would do it today instead but then the rain came :-(. Oh well, instead we had a lovely walk around a car boot sale yesterday in the sunshine, did food shopping and then hubby helped Ruben make this little shelf for his Pokemon figures.

First he had to saw the wood.

 Then he had to use daddy's big hammer to put the nails in
 And finally......tada!
 Some very happy Pokemon and a happy Ruben!
Well that was yesterday. Today started with a walk around another car boot sale, honestly we aren't addicted! I'm just rather enjoying value for money at the moment. And when you see how much stuff is there it really makes you wonder about waste, and recycling. I think next year, according to hubby, we are going to try and have a year of not buying anything new except food, shoes and medicine. It will be interesting to see how we get on. I have bought lots of useful things this weekend, mainly books for the kids, Ruben found a rare dinosaur that he didn't have, the girls found a new Ken doll and a Barbie horse, even Bailey found a HALO figure he didn't have! Today was mainly spent sorting out the girls' rooms though, they've decided to share a room and keep Piper's room as a playroom. I really can't believe how much stuff I have sorted through today! The girls so take after me for hoarding!! It was quite ridiculus to be honest, hubby and I just didn't know where to start or finish. But eventually we saw the floor again and now we have two very happy little girls playing in their playroom! Now I'm just waiting for my very first ever steamed syrup pudding to finish cooking! And then I will be putting my feet up!!

6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant project. Sandra Dodd was talking about her son collecting cards yesterday and how it evolved into a career in the end. Little acorns....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to catch up with your posts - I've rested awhile from 'blog world' but now back and ready to go again :-) S X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing more about your car boot bargains.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep that in mind KP thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharan, nice to see you back in 'blog world' sometimes its quite refreshing to have a break from it all.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure I will be filling you in Bec later in the week!
    X

    ReplyDelete