Friday, 10 June 2011

Sporty Fridays

Today the children attended their first session of weekly sports. A very good friend has manged to secure a full 12 months of sports for our local home ed group of 35 children. She has worked very hard and it has paid of because today was brilliant. The kids were very excited, the girls mainly about having their first ever pair of trainers! Girls and shoes, what can I say? They take after their mom! We pottered around all morning, playing games of chess, playing gothic princesses, lego, playmobil, dinosaurs, a trip to the library, a visit to nannans office and then nearly ended up missing it altogether by running late and getting a bit lost and confused. Not really how I wanted the afternoon to go but there you go. Had a very quiet drive there as the kids were all reading this weeks library books, including Ruben who has been reading "Evolve or Die", not sure how much he is actually "reading" but he seems to be enjoying it and picking up lots of regular words so I'm very happy. It must be hard for him sometimes being in a house full of readers, his sisters heads are rarely out of a book for goodness sake. And when Bailey puts the xbox down, he also enjoys reading. Me too, when I get chance! We managed to find some more Julia Donaldson books in the library too but they are a little bi too young I think for Ruben, he is getting to like reading much longer stories now and these two did not sustain him anywhere  near enough. Back to Hereoes and Villans book tomorrow I think. Cordelia and I starting reading Watership Down together today. Its on the book list and was on her bookcase! Didn't even realise we owned it, because we buy so many books from library sales, charity shops, craboots etc I really have no idea how many books of the list could potentially be lurking on one of our bookcases, or in Cordelia's case-in a box, play kitchen cupboard, under her bed, in a toy box, stuffed in or down side of her bed etc, That girl is a hoarder just like me!! I also found time today to check out some new bloggers, I love reading other's blogs and seeing how different families home educate here and around the world, i like the idea of NOBH and found it on one of the regular blogs I read. And this will be why I don't read as many books as my daughters, because I'm too busy looking at other blogs!! I did get two new books out of the library this week, hope to read them too, chances are slim but you never know!

4 comments:

  1. I love Watership Down! I just thinned out our bookshelves and gave a lot to some other homeschooling friends. It was painful, but had to be done! No space at all... I ust found NOBH through your post. LOVE IT! Thank you!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting about NOBH:) and for following I am following back:). We are currently living in the UK but are Americans:) We love it here!! We just returned from a trip to Normandy France and had a fab time. Where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,
    I'm my own worst enemy because I still keep buying them more books! I read an article with Michael Morpago recently and he said when he was little there were no walls in his house, just books! And I can't help thinking what a wonderful childhood that must have been! Glad you liked NOBH too!
    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adventurer!
    Thanks for following my blog, we are in Derbyshire, what about you? I'm glad you are enjoying your time in the UK. I love France too but we have only been to the South and Western areas so not sure what Normandy is like. Lots of chateau's though from what I've read and I really like the sound of that!
    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete