Thursday, 9 June 2011

Productive days!

Today has been one of those list days, you know you make them but rarely get anything off them? Well today I had a very productive day, well sort of. I had to get up at 5 to take hubby dearest to the train station, so we were all a bit tired today and it could have very easily turned into one of those grumpy days but thankfully I really pushed for us to get out of the house and go to the park. We took the digiity doggy with us therby ticking two things of my list-dog walked and kids walked too!  It was actually quite a nice start to the day and burned a big chunk of Ruben's energy, so I was glad I did it. We came back in and walked straight round to the post office and posted my little sister's card off in plenty of time for her 18th Birthday on Sunday (Happy Birthday Kelsey!), another tick of the list. Back home again and cleaned Doris the hamster out too and Ruben's bedroom. After lunch I started Bailey on his maths work, whilst I played a game of chess with Ruben (yetserday we decided to start playing daily) and he read one of his new Oxford Reading Tree books to me. Bailey is really struggling with decimals and so I'm going to have to look at ways to help him, maybe some extra worksheets or skip it for a bit and work on some other maths and come back to it when his confidence has improved a little? Not sure what to do yet......
The girls have very excitedly decided they are going to share a room together and have been making lists and planning what to have in their joint room, including a 'relax zone' with floor cushions and magazines. They even sat and painted a notice board together. They also played a long game of hogwarts as they found feather son the walk this morning and constructed quill pens out of them! It was lovely to sit in the garden and chat with them this afternoon too whilst they played, blew bubbles and laughed very loudly at some tickling games and next door's dog. The last few days have been a little challenging as a parent I have to admit, I would rather not say with what as somethings just aren't for sharing but what I would like to point out (to myself) is that I feel we as parents have dealt with it really well and I feel very proud of the relationship we have with our children. I am a very lucky mommy and judging by my children I'm doing a good job that will leave them with very positive memories when they are older. Feeling quite positive tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment