Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Growing and Glass

We had a quietish weekend this weekend, we were meant to be going camping to Pembrokeshire, but the weather was a bit pants to be honest! So we decided to stay at home and have some days out instead. Sunday morning we got up early and went to the car boot. It was quite cold and there wasn't many people around at all but I managed to get a few bargains!  The kids were so excited when I found these glass ice cream sundae glasses, I've been looking out for some for ages. They sat watching Doctor Who on Sunday evening with their ice cream bowls. I got 7 of these for just £3!

And this was my other bargain! A pie dish in pastel pink for just 50p! Now I really have no excuse not to make Nigel Slater's Lemon Meringue pie. Watch this space.....
I had to take some photo's of all the vegetables as they are doing so well this year. I'm so excited about what recipes I will make when all the veg is ready to be harvested.

 These are our parsnips
The courgettes are starting to flower, they have the most beautiful, bright yellow flowers.
Purple broccolli
Strawberry plant
Green peas
Carrots
Spinach
Beetroot

Cauliflower, which was being nibbled on by....
This little fella' He has since been rehomed in the butterfly house, with some fresh cauliflower leaves.
And finally, the potatoes!

That was just our pitter-pottering kind of day as I had a huge headache and didn't feel good at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment