Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Caterpillar collecting and snakes

 Daddy took the children out for a walk with the dog after work and they had a good look around for caterpillars. Last year we bought caterpillars over the internet and they arrived in a tub with their own food. It was quite easy watching them develop into butterflies but oh, its so much harder doing that with caterpillars you find in the wild! We haven't had much luck at all yet.............
 Hubby found this one, which I was convinced was a small twig, I've never seen one before and even hubby said he had to watch it for a while to make his mind up because he wasn't wearing his specs!

 We have put into into our butterfly house anyway and will see what happens......

Meanwhile hubby also picked up this fab paper snake kit from the car boot for 20p! Bailey has had lots of fun trying to put it together. I don't envy him, it looks rather complicated to me.....


He  managed to do quite a lot of it until we ran out of glue! Hopefully I will post a finished picture of the snake when glue stock has been replenished! It was nice to see him creating something though, he is a very creative child and likes to build things from scratch but it was nice to see it out of paper and not Lego for a change! Not that I have a problem with Lego (I love the stuff) but its nice to have a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment