Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Slack but back!

I feel a bit bad *blush* as I have been totally off my blogging game this week! In my defence I have been busy doing maths related things, visits and workbooks. We have also spent several days watching the devastation in Japan and feeling quite overwhelmed and well.... a bit useless. This has triggered lots of conversations and interest about earthquakes, tsunami's and Japan though, which is something good and to be encouraged. I found a great lapbook for Bailey to work through from Currclick. Which if nothing else has got him away from the news, as he can very easily become obsessed with it. (I think he takes after me for that) but sometimes I think watching these things can be counter-productive, especially if you are the kind of person who worries a lot (again gets that from me!).The beauty of home education is its flexibility to follow from your child's lead though and at no other time has that been more relevant than this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment